Meet Dr. Hacker
Our founder, Dr. Hacker, is a leading, well known, highly respected, and published practicing dermatologist; specializing in general, cosmetic and surgical dermatology for over 20 years in Palm Beach County.
Dr. Hacker is a Board Certified Dermatologist and is a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, fellow of the American Society for Dermatology Surgery and a fellow of the American Society of Mohs Surgery. Dr. Hacker has been voted by his colleagues and peers as one of “top” dermatologists in the country and the State of Florida year after year for the last twenty years. Dr. Hacker, holds over 5 utility patents from US Patent and Trademark Office. He is also the founder of Skinstore.com, and PassportMD, Inc.
Founder & President, Steven M. Hacker, MD PA, 1994 – present.
Moh’s & Reconstructive skin cancer surgery
Cosmetic Procedures Including: Botox, Juvederm, Restylane, and Perlane
NEW! Laser Tattoo Removal and Laser Brown Spot Removal
Notable Post Graduate Continuing Education:
Harvard Medical School Continuing Medical Education Aesthetic Symposium (16 hours CME) – Oct. 2015
Cosmetic BootCamp Aspen Colorado (16 hours CME) – July 2011
South Beach Aesthetic Symposium (25 hours AMA CME) – Feb 2010
Harvard Medical School Continuing Medical Education Association – 2007
Harvard Medical School Continuing Medical Education Aesthetic Symposium – September 2007
Residency: Dermatology, Shands Hospital
University of Florida, Gainesville
Chief Resident, Dermatology
Intern/Residency: Internal Medicine
University of Michigan Hospitals University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
M.D. University of Florida, Gainesville
B.S., Interdisciplinary Basic Biological Medicine
University of Florida, Gainesville
Junior Honors Medical Program (1 of 12 selected nationally)
University of Florida, Gainesville
Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology – October 1994
Recertified 2001 and 2013
Honors / Awards
- Voted “Best Doctors In South Florida” by Fellow Physicians, Miami Metro Magazine 10/98
- Castle Connolly’s Best Doctor listings were selected after peer nomination, extensive research, and careful review and screening by our doctor-directed research team.
- Dr. Steven Hacker has been selected and recognized by his peers, colleagues and referring doctors in the state of Florida as a best dermatologist resulting in a designation and selection as a Top Doctor by Castle Connolly for the last 16 years:
- Dr. Steven Hacker selected as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor for the year 2000-2016
- “Best Doctors in South Florida”, Miami Metro Magazine 10/2000
- One of twelve selected nationally to enter medical school early through prestigious Jr. Honors Medical Program at age of nineteen 1983
- Phi Beta Kappa
Phi Beta Kappa
Golden Key Honor Society
Noah Worcester Dermatological Society
American Academy of Dermatology, Fellow
American College of Physicians, Associate – 1989-1991
American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery
American Society of Mohs Surgery, Fellow
American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, Fellow
Florida Medical Association
Palm Beach County Medical Society
Palm Beach Derm Society
Florida Society of Dermatology
- NBC Affiliates – Today’s Health with Faith Daniels, Segment on Sensitive Skin – 7/19/97 – 11:30 a.m.
- CNBC Affiliates – Today’s Health with Faith Daniels, Segment on Sensitive Skin – 7/20/97 – 3:00 p.m.
- PBF. ABC Affiliate – News Segment on Botox Therapy – Aired 1/16/98 – 11:00 p.m.
- NBC Affiliates – Parenting in the 90’s with Kim Alexis – Segment on Sunscreens – 1/3/98
- YPO Regional Meeting, Speaker 2002 “Recognizing signs of Skin Cancer”
- Enterprise Development Corporation, Guest Panelist- Funding the Life Sciences 2008
- Palm Beach County Medical Society Speaker Future of Medicine 2008
- TEPR 2008 Speaker on Electronic Medical Records
- North Broward Hospital District – General Topics/Office Medicine
- 5/95 – to Family Physicians: Common Dermatological Disorders
- University of Florida Dermatology Grand Rounds – March 1995
- Florida Society of Dermatology – Breakers, West Palm Beach
- 6/94 – PXE: Update of Recognition and Management
- Family Practice ‘94 – Orlando, Hilton
- 6/94 – a. HSV Infection
- Cancers of the Skin: A clinical approach to diagnosis
- Florida State Department of Corrections – Gainesville Hilton
- 11/93 – Cutaneous Disease in the Correctional Population
- Florida State Massage Association
- 2/94 – Cutaneous Disease in the Massage Population
- University of Florida, Medical School
- 2/92, 4/92, 11/92 – a. Cutaneous Manifestations Internal Disease
- Hacker SM: Axillary String Phlebitis in Pregnancy: A Variant of Mondor’s Disease. JAAD 30:636-638, l99~
- Hecker D, Hacker SM, Ramos-Caro FA: Transient Ectropion associated with Topical Fluorouracil. Cutis 52
- Hacker SM, Flowers FP: Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Actinic Keratosis: A Review of Diagnosis an Management. Postgraduate Medicine 93(8):1 15-126, 1993.
- Hacker SM, Ramos-Caro FA: Basal Cell Carcinoma: A Review of Diagnosis and Management. Postgraduate Medicine 9(8):101-111, 1993.
- Hacker SM, Ramos-Caro F: An Unusual Presentation of Multiple Symmetric Lipomatosis. Int J Derm 32:594
- Hacker SM, Beers B, Ramos-Caro F, Flowers F: Juvenile Pseudoxanthoma Elasticum; Recognition an Management. Pediatric Dermatology 10(1): 19-25, 1993.
- Hacker SM, Berkowitz M, Cody R: Porphyria Cutanea Tarda in a Patient with Hairy Cell Leukemia, Cuti
- Hacker SM, Ramos-Caro F, Flowers F: Azathioprine in Dermatology. International Journal of Dermatolog
- Ford M. Smith K, CrokerB, Hacker SM, Flowers: Large Granular Lymphocytes within the epidermis of erythem multiforme lesions. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 1992, 27(3):460-462.
- Hacker SM, Rasmussen JE: The effect of Flashlamp pumped pulsed dye laser on Psoriasis. Archives c Dermatology 1992, 128:853-855.
- Hacker SM, Flowers FP. Diligent Diagnosis: Reading the skin signs of hematologic disease and malignanc5 Modern Medicine 1994, 62(5):30-37.
- Hacker SM, Flowers FP. Diligent Diagnosis: Identifying cutaneous manifestions of endocrine disease, an gastrointestinal diseases, Modern Medicine 62:28-36, 1994.
- Hacker SM, flowers FP. Diligent Diagnosis: Identifying cutaneous manifestations of connective tissue diseas and GI disorders, part 3 of 3. Modern Medicine 63, 1999.
- Hacker SM, Ford M: An Unusual Presentation: Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans on the Face. Int J Dern
- Hacker SM, Stone K, Ford M, Flowers FP. The absence of anti-single stranded DNA antibodies in patients with vulvar LSA. Arch Derm, 1994, 130:1454-5.
- Hacker SM: Common Infections of the skin. Postgraduate Medicine. 96(2):43-52, 1994.
- Hacker SM, Knight B, Leiclitman AB, et al: Primary T-cell Lymphoma in the Renal Transplant Patient. Transplantation 1992, 53(3) :691-692.
- Hacker SM, Williamson B, Lisco 5, Kure J, Shea M, Pitt B: Protein C Deficiency and Acute Myocardial Infarction in the Third Decade. American Journal of Cardiology 137-13 8, July 1, 1991.
- Hacker SM: Common Disorders of Pigmentation, CME Article. Postgraduate Medicine 99(6):77-186, 1996.
- Hacker SM, Bisno Al, Rogten’SP. Today’s Strategies for Bacterial Skin Infection, Patient Care 31(6):78-95, 1997.
- Hacker SM, Bisno Al, Rogten’SP. Today’s Strategies for Bacterial Skin Infection, Patient Care 31(6):78-95, in press, 1999
NON-PEER REVIEWED ARTICLES
- Hacker SM, Lupus and the Skin. Lupus Lifeline, Fall 1994.
- Hacker SM, Cutaneous Manifestations of Smoking. On Call – Journal of Palm Beach County Medical Society May, 1995.
- Hacker SM, Harmful Effects of the Sun. Inside Magazine. Winter 1994-1995.